Here's "hooo" to turn a simple hoodie into an owl Halloween costume. For this project, you'll need a pink hoodie (purchased at H&M), pink and cream fleece (felt will work too), white glue, package of black and orange foam masks (purchased at Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts), one sheet of regular copier paper, one sheet of white cardstock, and a rosette.
1. Download the owl costume templates.
Templates are for personal use only. Original design by Pure Joy Events © 2011. All rights reserved.
2. Print out Owl Template 1 on regular copier paper and cut out the pieces. Cut a set of wings, approximately sixty individual feathers, and the mask out of the pink fleece. Then cut about twenty individual feathers out of the cream fleece.
3. Starting at the bottom of the hoodie, sew (or glue if the hoodie won't be worn after Halloween) a row of pink feathers. Create overlapping layers of feathers as you work your way up the hoodie.
4. Flip the hoodie to the back and sew the wings along the seam of the arms.
5. Print Owl Template 2 on white cardstock and cut out the pieces. Cut the beak out of the orange foam mask.
6. Line the black foam mask along the bottom of the white mask and cut out the eye holes.
7. Glue the pink mask on top of white mask, the black circles over the eye cut outs, and then the lashes.
8. Turn over the mask and cut out the eye holes. Then glue on the black foam mask and orange beak.
9. Add a rosette and you're "owl" done.
As Seen On: Craft Gossip / Cute Hoots / Embellishing Life / i heart nap time / Made By Heidi / One Crafty Mumma / One Pretty Thing / Pane, Amore e Creativita / Refugee Crafter / Sweet Craft Cakes / Sugar Bee - Craft Edition / Tatertots and Jello / These Magical Years / Ucreate / Under the Table and Dreaming